Followers

Friday 24 June 2011

Jewelled Butterfly with border

Back in May I made a parchment butterfly using the beautiful butterfly stamp I had bought from Carolines.  I have now found a suitable border to use to make  a card to show off the butterfly.  I found the border in a new book I purchased entitled 'Flower Garden'  by Hiskia Wittenaar.  Hiskia had a painting of a Camelia in the centre of hers but as I don't do much flower painting I used my butterfly.  The little flowers are made using the same parchment paper that I used for the butterfly.  I love the different colour graduations  you get in the mottled design.  I backed it all with plain white card so that the colouring remains delicate.  I hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Carol, love the delicate shades of the parchment. Beautiful border and fab flowers.
    I love it.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat to come back from holiday and see this!!
    It is absolutely stunning, Carol.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like it? Nah! Not at all Carol - I love it!! The border is beautiful and looks as if it took forever to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks stunning Carol. I loved the butterfly when you had finished it. But with the border it looks beautiful. The colours are so delicate. I'm off on hols for a week now, but looking forward to seeing what you've been making when I get back.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.