Followers

Sunday 24 July 2011

CD Sunday - Dreams

For this weeks theme of 'Dreams' I knew immediately what I was going to create - a dreamcatcher.  I am a fairly down to earth kinda gal but the concept of a dreamcatcher  has always fascinated me and I knew I had a stitch pattern that would be just perfect.  I have added the beads and the horse charm to the design and used a bp from Joanna Sheen's Cd - American Frontier.
Here is a close-up of the design


and here is the insert with the Apache Wedding Blessing

I hope you like my card as much as I enjoyed the making of it.  If I am not doing parchment then stitch and bead work is my next best favourite.
Please visit the blogs of my fellow DT members and perhaps join us yourselves in our CD Sunday challenges.  We are all so pleased to have surpassed the 100 followers and of course  we would love to see more.

5 comments:

  1. Love this card Carol and so different to the other DT cards. I zoomed in on your card - the BP looks as if it was printed on a textured paper/card. The blessing is great too! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pamela - yes I use linen look white 280gsm card for almost all my cards. It takes print beautifully and gives anice look to the card.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card Carol and such a clever idea. I love the Apache wedding blessing. I cross stitched this as a present for a first wedding anniversary years ago before I started card making as the couple had the blessing at their wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol,
    I love your card, the stitching is gorgeous, we had this pray at our wedding, and you have given me an idea for our wedding anniversary card next month.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.