Followers

Sunday 11 November 2012

CD Sunday - Rainy Days

A suitable theme for today as it is really wet out there.  Musn't complain though - at this time of year it could be snow.

Here is my contribution:
I  enjoyed searching for suitable images for this theme and in the end for the background and picture I chose  Joanna Sheen's  CD   - ' Faye Whittaker Collection'.  Like all challenge blogs - I am sure - we always have our themes chosen some weeks ahead so consequently one always has them in mind when shopping at shows or on line.    Just in case we see that perfect something.  I found the beautifully quilled cloud, rain drops and umbrella in the bargain bucket on a stand at the September  Sandown Show.

I would like to apologise for not having done much commenting on the wonderful 'Christmas in Pink' entries.  I thought that each one was a masterpiece.  I was struck down last Sunday with the dreaded lurgi and after a week of antibiotics am still 'proper poorly'.  I decided to look up 'dreaded lurgi' It was a phrase always used when we were children and I have included a link for your amusement.  I assure you though that mine is genuine.
Hugs (from a safe distance)
Carol

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carol

    Beautiful card,, it's amazing what we find when we are not looking.
    I hope you feel better today, if I had known you wanted snow I could have sent you some last Sunday as we had about 3 to 4 inches on my garden.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Carol, love the image and your quilled cloud, raindrops and umbrella add a perfect finishing touch. Hope you are starting to feel a little better.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Carol, love the quilled items they really finish it off, i love the image and the striped umbrella paper matches his trousers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous image Carol and hose quilling embellishments were a real find. Love the raindrop ones especially.
    Scary to think how long ago it was I used to listen to the Goon show - don't remember the story line of that particular episode but have always known that it was a 'Goon' original.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Carol and the quilling fits in perfectly with the theme.
    I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Jocleyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Carol, such lovely soft colours and the quilling is really effective. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.