Followers

Sunday 10 March 2013

CD Sunday - Land of the Pharaohs

Second week of March and more sunshine than showers at last.  I am enjoying the milder weather now that I am able to drive out and about again.  I have had to accept some movement restrictions  as a consequence of my accident but I think my own Annus Horribilus is over.
Thank you for all the super entries in our Butterfly challenge last week.  This week the choice is mine - Land of the Pharaohs. I love all things Egyptian.  Have visited Egypt once and would love to go again but probably won't make it.
Here is my card
I have used a  Robert Addams CD - Ancient Egypt - for all of the card.  The card was printed using one of the backing papers and the matching topper was printed on parchment and embossed in appropriate places.  The sentiment says 'Happy Birthday' and I used the interactive heiroglyphic feature.
The top right and bottom left figures have been decoupaged and bronze mirri card used for the mat.
We have some wonderful cards from my fellow teamies on the Challenge Blog so please go and visit them and then we hope that you will join in with your own wonderful interpretations.
I have a little gift ready for the winner of my top three.
x

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely Carol, love how you've embossed your image that's my next challenge with parchment
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Carol, love your embossed image.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really super card Crol, and an ideal one for the tricky males of the family that I always get stuck on. Off to see what I can find now.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Carol, you have such a gift with your parchment work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card Carol, so many lovely details as always - I love the way you have decoupaged some of the figures on the backing paper.
    I will have to get my thinking cap out for this challenge.
    I'm glad to hear you are healing well and getting out and about - just in time for spring!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol
    How clever of you to do the embossed parchment! The whole card looks so authentic.Love the hieroglyphic sentiment.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card Carol. Great how you've embossed parts of the main image and the text feature is brill.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.