Followers

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Bristol Parchment Exhibition

Well I got there and back safely this time but must confess to being tired.  This trip was the furthest I have driven in a year - but I did it.

The Exhibition was wonderful.  After I  had a long wander around  all the stands and gawped at the incredibly beautiful work on show I came to the conclusion that I don't do parchment - I just play at it.  I am not too despondent about that fact as I know I started learning late in life and I really do enjoy the parchment work that I produce - good or bad.

I had a great time with my tutor Marilyn on her stand and met many lovely people.  Not all of the questions we were asked were expected.  Many of the ones I received were about the source of the case that I use to keep my tools in and from where did I get the sparkly vellum I was using for my Christmas flowers.  I was making sparkly flowers and poinsettias - all in parchment for use as card embellishments.  I sold quite a few and was very pleased. 

On the Sunday evening I joined a whole crowd of the Exhibitors at supper (59 of us).  It was a very pleasant evening.

On Monday Marilyn and I joined many others at Linda Williams' workshop.  A rare privilege for me and I did worry that I was 'punching above my weight' parchment wise.  This is what I have managed to do so far - about 25% of the finished project.

This has been scanned in front of a piece of glitter card just so it can be seen.  It will have a background card when it is all finished.  There is so much more work to be done on the hair and the bow in the hair - let alone the rest of the card.  You can just see the little piece of tape that is behind the face holding a white paper mask to show the colouring.  It may need more yet.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,

    It was lovely to meet you again, I really did enjoy the show and learnt a lot, as you say you only play at it, well I came to the same conclusion. Your flowers are beautiful, they will be kept for a very special card. I did put a piece on my blog about the show.
    Your beautiful face as lovely and I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the design.
    I am glad you got home safely,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks very beautiful carol, would love to see it irl and finished.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Carol, can't wait to see it when you've finished it. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.