Followers

Sunday 2 June 2013

CD Sunday - Faithful Friends

Good Morning.  A new month and  we are thrilled that we are being sponsored again by some old friends - Ooh La La.     I am particularly pleased - as a past DT member - to be using their new CD - Faithful Friends.  The team were all offered a folder from this CD to use for our card.  I asked for one that I could use on parchment  (has lots of white in the picture) and this is what I made with the lovely image I was sent


I have since bought the CD  - of course  -  and can tell you that the faithful friend is a Bearded Collie.
I printed the image direct to parchment and then embossed his coat and other  highlights.  The parchment border was done as a separate sheet to slip over the image which was then stitched in the corners with tiny glass beads.  The bow - believe it or not - is a paper bow from the Borders/Embellishments folder on the CD. I used a bright purple card as the liner and it is showing through the parchment as a very soft lilac.

CD Sunday are welcoming Wynn as our Guest Design Team member for this month.  I know you are going to enjoy her creations. Welcome Wynn.

Please join in with the challenge.  All the details of the prize on offer are on the CD Sunday Challenge Blog.

Carol x

11 comments:

  1. Thank you Carol for the warm welcome. How clever is that printing on to parchment and tnen embossing. Not tried this before. I did try pergamano years ago and bought all the tools....as you do. Think I'll have to dust them off and have a go at using them this way. You've inspired me Carol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Carol. The image is amazing. Would never have guessed from the photo it was onto parchment. Amazing work.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Carol,I have always loved your parchment craft cards they are beautiful and give such a different look, I shall be adding it to our gallery if that is ok with you
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This image is so suited to work with Parchment Carol and you have created a beautiful design. Once home I will be using my parchment to print directly onto, must get back to using my long forgotten tools.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you've done with this gorgeous image Carol, the parchment frame around the outside is beautiful too.

    Sue T x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see this card in the flesh, it's so beautiful and your parchment work is outstanding. Beautiful frame and lots of work gone into it.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really do amazing things with parchment Carol and this is beautiful.
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely agree with Sue-b, you do amazing things with parchment. I love that frame and you would never say that bow is paper! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just one word Carol - Stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your very kind comments on my card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.