Followers

Sunday 16 June 2013

CD Sunday - Kimono

Good Morning.  Not quite such a fine weekend with  some high winds and squally showers. Tis best to stay inside and craft.
This week's theme has been chosen by Cazro who happily is back with us after her little break.  Our Guest Designer Wynn has produced another of her fabulous cards.  In fact all the team have made some beauties and they are all different. 
I don't know why but I didn't find this one easy and in the end used a couple of CD's - both from Joanna Sheen - Tales of the Orient CD2 and Elegant Fans.
Here it is:
I added a couple of die cut sprigs of leaves in copper mirri card -  trying to tone in with the maple leaves in the background.  No sentiment added so that I can put it in the 'Here's one I made earlier' box.
We had some lovely and varied Plumage last week for Jocelyn to study and choose a winner from.  Not going to be easy.
 
Not good news on the shoulder front.  I am now  booked in to have a 'reverse shoulder' replacement in August.  There is nothing else they can do. Of course there is always the option of doing nothing but I am fed up now and would like to get rid of the pain.

Anyway that is on the back burner til August and in the meantime there is crafting to be done and Blogs to visit so I will see you later.
Carol
x

11 comments:

  1. Hi Carol
    Lovely card, I think this is going to be a hard one this week, something to get the brain cells working.
    The weather is not much better here, windy and wet, some of the showers yesterday were thundery.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Carol, love the image and embellishments.
    Weather here not like Spain but I will get used to it.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Carol, I love the addition of the sprigs and fans.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol this is sooooo pretty. I love the image.......they're having a real gossip. Definitely a card I would send to a very close friend as they seem to be sharing secrets!!!

    Hope you're well.

    Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Carol. It made me think of our Wisley trips where we all sit beneath the trees for lunch! :-)
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Carol, that is a really lovely image, love the die cuts too.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this little scene in the image and I like the way you've combined the two CDs. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card, fab colour palette. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image Carol and I really like the maple leaf background paper.The sprigs finish it off beautifully.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly beautiful card Carol, lovely colours and the layout and die cuts are gorgeous. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.