Followers

Sunday, 2 June 2013

'E' is for...............

a friend of mine who has a birthday this month.  I am obviously in a stitching mood and found this very pretty alphabet letter on the Pinbroidery site.  In fact I purchased all the letters as they are lovely to stitch and they do look good when finished.

I decided that I didn't want  a plain white background for the stitching so I scanned a piece of backing paper from a CD that I found in my box and printed it out on to 300gsm pearlised card,  which is my preferred medium for stitching.  I liked the soft pink hue that resulted and I felt it wouldn't overpower the colour of the stitches.  I added a chiffon bow and matching half pearls.  I think the backing paper came from Jane Shasky's CD

I enjoyed sitting stitching this whilst listening to a story CD last night. I have had the steroid injection into my shoulder and I am trying to take it easy and convince myself that it is working or will work.  Not very convinced yet.
Carol  xx

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning Carol, and you're right about the colour of the background it matches perfectly. I love the way you've also matched the pearls to the colours used for the stitching.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Carol. Love those pastel pearls and the stitching is fabulous. Hope the injection works. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete