Followers

Sunday 2 June 2013

'E' is for...............

a friend of mine who has a birthday this month.  I am obviously in a stitching mood and found this very pretty alphabet letter on the Pinbroidery site.  In fact I purchased all the letters as they are lovely to stitch and they do look good when finished.

I decided that I didn't want  a plain white background for the stitching so I scanned a piece of backing paper from a CD that I found in my box and printed it out on to 300gsm pearlised card,  which is my preferred medium for stitching.  I liked the soft pink hue that resulted and I felt it wouldn't overpower the colour of the stitches.  I added a chiffon bow and matching half pearls.  I think the backing paper came from Jane Shasky's CD

I enjoyed sitting stitching this whilst listening to a story CD last night. I have had the steroid injection into my shoulder and I am trying to take it easy and convince myself that it is working or will work.  Not very convinced yet.
Carol  xx

2 comments:

  1. This is stunning Carol, and you're right about the colour of the background it matches perfectly. I love the way you've also matched the pearls to the colours used for the stitching.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Carol. Love those pastel pearls and the stitching is fabulous. Hope the injection works. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.