Followers

Friday 19 July 2013

Crafts-Too Challenge You (C2CU) 3rd week of our Decades/Era. This time Twist 2 - 3 Layers

Good morning and welcome to the third week of our July Challenge.  This time we are asking you to use  3 layers.
Here is my contribution


Very 1950's style dresses on this piece of backing paper and I loved the colouring.  (seem to be liking red at the moment).
The  stamped lady in the pinafore dress came from the Marianne Clear Stamp set - Fabulous 50's.  Again I used flat water colour paper and diluted Distress Markers.  I chose the colours to match both the papers used - the background and the die cut piece, both from Crafts-Too.  All the papers we have used have been gorgeous to work with as they all have a good substance and finish.   The Rhinestone Sticker Dots are from Crafts-Too and the rest from stash.

I look forward to visiting your Blogs.  I am now back on duty after my week away.  Trust me to choose the hottest week for ages and the hottest day for my drive home on the M1.  But I did so enjoy my visit with my crafting friend and her husband. Wonderful time.

Please don't forget to use the full title of the Challenge Blog - 'Crafts-Too Challenge You'  in your posting and to tell us which Decade/Era you have chosen to represent with your work/project.

Carol x

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Carol, I love how you have used the papers. I am glad you have enjoyed your week away, at least it didn't rain. Fabulous layers, thanks for a great DT sample.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol

    Beautiful card, I remember my mother wearing dresses like that, great use of colour.
    Glad you enjoyed your break, at least you made it home in the heat.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous fifties card Carol. Glad you had a super time away (just what the Doctor ordered) and you got back safely.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.