Followers

Monday 24 February 2014

My 'owl' friend

I have said before that I love the Woodware singles range of clear magic stamps and here is a new one (to me) used to create a card in parchment.

I stamped the owl on to card and then traced the image on to parchment and embossed etc as the mood took  me.  This time I also used a set of dies that I have had for some time.  I can't remember whose they are.  The smaller die was used to cut the red  mat for the owl.  I also drew round the outside of this one and the next one up on parchment and then embossed the outlines and the dots in between.  The next size up was used for the second red mat.

The owls eyes were coloured with dark brown and black pencils and I cut out second eyelids to give a little 3D effect.

I hope you like my 'owl' friend.

Carol
xx

3 comments:

  1. He's stunning Carol, and looks lovely on the red card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, I love your owl and the beautiful parchment work, certainly a wow card
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Carol you are so clever and this is the first piece of zenparchtangle I have seen. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.