Followers

Monday 7 April 2014

Pretty Ladies in Parchment

At our 1st workshop of the year last month with Judith Maslen we again did two new patterns.
This is the one we did in the afternoon and is from her new set of 3 patterns called 'Crinolines' and this one is named 'Swingtime'.
The disciplines used were outlining with ink, colouring with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils using a spreading medium, some embossing and use of various Pergamano tools.

'Swingtime' - pattern by Judith Maslen
I have finished the work we did in the morning session but I have yet to mount it on a card.

What I would really like to show you is a card made using another of Judith's patterns from her series - Country Pub Signs.
This one is called 'The Pretty Maid' and I love it.  I shouldn't say this I know - but I am going to - I am really really pleased with how this one has turned out.  I did add a little of my own to the pattern.  I added the little daisies to the circle behind the maid  instead of tracing and embossing the ones that Judith had drawn. I also added the beads whilst stitching the parchment to the backing card.
I started this at our monthly workshop last Wednesday and just finished it last night.  Sitting propped up on the sofa with a hot water bottle warming my aching back.

'The Pretty Maid' - pattern by Judith Maslen
Please feel free to add your comments if you feel so inclined.  They are always avidly read and much appreciated.
Hugs
Carol
xx

3 comments:

  1. They are beautiful both of them, gorgeous designs, well done two pieces of parchment to be proud of.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two cards are stunning Carol, both are so beautiful. I love the addition of the daisies and beads on the second.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two exquisite cards Carol. The edging with the beads on the second one is stunning and I love her underskirt too. Wonderful work! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.