Followers

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Parchment card using a Multi Grid

Multi Grids are made by Pergamano for use with parchment and fine embossing and pricking tools.  The are so useful for borders and embellishments and are now being used by most 'parchers' even if it is just as little something extra to the traditional ways of producing some wonderful creations.

There are now about 40 Multi Grids and I must confess to having purchased all but a couple and these involve 'baby' images which I have never needed to use.


Here is a birthday card I made using Multi Grid 17.  A favourite of mine especially when I have to make a card fairly quickly but still want to use parchment. The border and the butterfly are on the grid and I have added the 'trail' with a sun tool, and glass beads for decoration and  fixing the parchment to the card. The sentiment was written using a PCA embossing template.  I have added some 'oofle' dust but it doesn't show well in the photograph.

I think you will agree that the use of the grid produces the basis for a bright and eye catching card that can be made by anyone. Perhaps a way to try out the wonderful pastime that is parchment crafting before deciding if you want to then learn all the techniques  and then get hooked .... like I did.
Carol
xx

3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Carol. You say you can make quick cards with the multi grid, but this does not look like it's been made quickly to me.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I like the pattern must see if I can find this grid, I love the butterflies on it makes a great card.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Carol and I also have several of these grids, however because of my eyesight I don't use them now. Hoping I get it sorted soon.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.