Followers

Wednesday 16 July 2014

The Forgetful Elephant

A parchment pattern by Judith Maslen.

Way back in April 2010 when I first entered Blogland I posted 'The Forgetful Elephant' that had been done by my great friend Debs.  Ever since then I have wanted to use the same pattern and at last - just a few years later - here it is.
This involves colouring on the back and the use of spreading medium and then pencilling on the front to create substance and shadow.  In fact the same method as that used in the creation of 'Cain'.  I am enjoying enhancing my skills in this area.  I have altered the background pattern very slightly.

I am trying to finish some projects that have been started before the lure of something new came along.  We all do it but in fact in parchment work it is to the good as it always benefits from 'resting'.

I have this one to finish:


This is a border pattern by Christine Coleman.  This is all finished now but it needs a centre image and I have found the perfect Woodware clear stamp.  I have stamped it onto card so that I can trace it and then do some colouring using the same method as above.

So watch this space.

Have a good day.
Carol
xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is probably one of my favourite thigns you've done. I just love it, someone will be very lucky you forgot them!
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Carol, I have to agree with Jenny, this is my favorite thing you've parched so far. The border is wonderful too and I can't wait to see what you pop into the middle of it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol this is a wow card, I love elephants and you have done a card which not only looked like an elephant but is beautifully done on parchment.
    Lovely border
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol these are truly beautiful. I love elephants and I cannot think of any other colour that would have gone better for the headdress and flower than the pink you have used. The background almost looks like the dust they throw up! The border is gorgeous and I look forward to seeing what you are going to put inside it. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.