Followers

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Penguin Playtime

Here is another parchment Christmas card to add to my collection and this is a pattern by Judith Maslen.
This time I used my new Spectrum Noir pencils for the colouring.  I was pleased with the blending effect and  the ease with which  the colours blended. I didn't think that I would like another pencil as much as I like my Faber Castell Polychromos but I might change my mind with more use for comparison.  I don't think they sharpen as well as the Faber but that is probably because they are softer.
Here is the finished card


Carol
xx

I have entered my Playful Penguins in The Great Penguin Challenge of 2014.  Thank you Squirrel for the heads up.
xx

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous hunny! Would love it if you entered The Great Penguin Challenge 2014 on my blog until 30 Sept. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Carol, this is stunning. Such a gorgeous Christmas card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant card Carol. I've heard the secret to sharpening Spectrum Noir pencils is to turn the sharpener and hold the pencil still - and don't sharpen to a point.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.