Followers

Tuesday 2 June 2015

A plethera of butterflies

I have been playing with a couple of my Pergamano parchment grids, some beads and gems and a butterfly die - and of course a CD and here is my finished card

I traced the inside of one of my oval dies onto parchment paper and used that as a pro forma for the oval butterfly pattern on Grid 33.  To match the oval I had drawn I had to move the grid a little every so often to match up the outside edge. I then cut out the purple card  oval background using the same die which gave a little edge showing.  I then stitched the parchment oval to the card oval using tiny heather mix beads.  The two large butterflies were made using Grid 17.  These were embossed and snipped out  - fixed to the oval with Perga glue  - and then given a coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen.  This shows beautifully in the flesh but doesn't photograph well.
The card itself was printed straight from the CD using a backing paper on  CD1 of Jane Shasky's 'from the heart of the garden'.
The two purple corner die cuts were made using a Cheery Lynn butterfly corner.  I adapted them by cutting off one of the flourishes from each side.
The tiny little butterflies were made using my Pinflair punch.  I spread some of the Wink of Stella on to a scrap of parchment paper - let it dry and then punched with the butterfly tool.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the butterflies,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Carol - I love it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol I have been meaning to come and visit forever and a day, sorry it has taken so long. You don't appear on my reading list for some reason and funnily enough neither does another Carol which is quite odd! Anyway, have been looking through all the beautiful creations you have made and as always, they are stunning. These butterflies are just so beautiful on the purple background. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.