Followers

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Happy Birthday circle

Here is a card I made for a dear friend for her birthday - which in fact is today.

I used one of the new rages in the parchment world - an embossing plate.  The one that I used here is by PCA (Parchment Craft Australia). They make parchment tools as well - in fact all things parchment.  When I first started parchment it was their tools that I bought because my Tutor is PCA qualified. Now I use a mixture of PCA and Pergamano.

Here is the card

The embossing took quite a while to make sure it was all even.  Many goes at it with rests in between.  Rests for the parchment - not me I hasten to add.  Embossing is always better if you take it slowly with rests.
I stitched the finished piece to the backing with some of my favourite beads and then added some flat backed pearls to the corners.  I chose a scalloped card to try and reflect the flower petals as they go round the circle.
I enjoyed making this card very much.
Carol
xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful elegant CAS style card, sounds as though making your parchment cards is anything but simple, you must have so much patience, love it Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Carol and I'm sure that your friend loves it, I know I do.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunningly beautiful card, love the design and your wonderful parchment work
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.