Followers

Tuesday, 12 July 2016

'G' is for......................

is our theme for the July swop at 'ATC Swop UK'.
I have done 5 again this month.  I think that 'Letters' and 'Colours' are amongst the most popular themes as the field is really wide open.
My good friends Debs and Mandi stayed with me last week for a couple of nights.  It was so good to catch up with news and gossip after a longish time between seeing each other and I did persuade Debs to get back into some crafting - and hopefully some ATCs is where she is going to start.  Debs had a terrible time last year with many heart attacks and a triple bypass and we are all so glad that she is still with us.
Debs has told our organiser Sue that she is going to enter some this month so I am mentioning it here just to make sure she does.  It was Debs who first got me into doing ATCs.  It was at a craft session at my house - many years ago - and my fellow CD Sunday teamie Pamela was with us as well.  I can't remember if it was Pamela's first go with ATCs then or not.  I remember I had a housefull and I believe Pamela got the short straw and was sleeping on a lilo.  It was a fun time though.
Anyway - here are the 'G' is for ........ ATCs that I sent off



I enjoyed making them.  My favourite is the second one.  I found the image on the internet and I have added lots of sparkly miniature butterflies made with my Pinflair punch. I have added sparkle to the red butterfly and a red gem to her hair.  It doesn't show very well in the photo but even though I say so myself - it does look good.
Have a good day.
Carol
xx

p.s. see comments below for facts about this photo.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely ATCs Carol as usual. I remember the craft session well and yes it was my first attempt at ATCs and Debs showed us how to make a little holder to keep them in - I still have it! I didn't sleep on a lilo though, you were upstairs, Debs and Manda in the bedroom down stairs and I slept on your bed settee in the lounge - and very comfortable it was too. We all had a lovely time - that bit I know is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela for putting me straight on the sleeping arrangements. I had forgotten that Chris wasn't with me then. I did remember everything else and even found photographic proof. It seems incredible but this photo that I have added was was taken on 13th July 2007. You can see the little ATC holders that we made.

      Delete
  2. I love your ATCs they are gorgeous, the grown and the ghost are my favourites, I am sure I have meet one of those ladies at the parchment show in Bristol,

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order - from left to right are Pamela, Debs, me and Mandi. You will have seen me and Debs at Bristol Margaret.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for adding the photo Carol - I remember it well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite crafting people all in one place! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. Thank you Jocelyn. xxxx

      Delete
  6. "Gorgeous Glitter Gown" is really gorgeous!:-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete