Followers

Saturday 5 November 2016

Parchment - Christmas and La Pashe

The image is from a La Pashe CD - 'The Christmas Box' - one of my favourites.  It is called The Gingerbread House (for obvious reasons) and makes a super card for a younger person.
I printed it onto 140gsm parchment paper using my Canon printer on Matte photo setting highest quality.  Just remember to let the ink dry before touching as of course parchment paper is non absorbent.
I added a border using one of Wendy Walters designs that you can adapt to any size.  Such a simple idea but I love the effect.

Here is the finished card
I embossed most of the image with emphasis on the white.  The image was then stitched to the red matt using red glass beads.  I also added 5 little black beads to the snowman.  The card is a white 7" x 7" 300gsm - also from La Pashe.
I can't make all my Christmas cards from parchment as they take so long but try to do as many as I can. I started this one in our Parchment Workshop at The Art of Craft on Wednesday and finally finished it last evening - of course I have done other things in between.
Hugs
Carol
xx

5 comments:

  1. beautiful image Carol that you've turned into a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with Pamela, you have turned this image into something really special.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really special card, a beautiful image turned into something amazing, unfortunately parchment does take a time to do but it can look amazing and this is proof the CD images and parchment can be brought together to create unique cards

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.