Followers

Wednesday, 19 April 2017

More art from Colin Thompson

Yes - I have another finished Colin Thompson jigsaw to show off to you.  I just love his work.  He is a British Artist who now lives in Australia and he has the most incredible imagination.  I can't afford to buy his artwork  or even if I could I haven't the room to display it so I have resorted to buying his jigsaws.  I love doing jigsaws - always have - so this way I get the best of both worlds.

This one is called 'The Inventors Cupboard' and here is the picture from the box:

Now here is my finished one. This is the best picture I could get indoors.  Bit difficult to cart it outside without losing pieces.  There are a 1000 of them.
Whilst tracking down Colin's artwork looking for future jigsaw purchases I happened on a site in America that sells items made using his artwork.  Of course I was tempted and here is what I purchased:
A Mug - obviously
and this that arrived this morning:
A Tote Bag
Both these items depict "The Bizarre Bookshop 2" - my favourite (so far) of his designs.

So later today I will break up 'The Inventors Cupboard' and start on the next one.  I have four new ones at the moment.  They keep me occupied whilst I still have the trapped nerve.  Although a little better it hasn't untrapped itself yet.
Keep well.
Hugs
Carol
xx

4 comments:

  1. Another wonderful jigsaw,
    Love the mug and tote bag,
    You won't know yourself when the trapped nerve feels itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic jigsaw that you've done here Carol, I love the mug and bag as well. Maybe someone else will see his work and convince him that craft CD's are that way to go.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous jigsaw Carol, it looks very detailed - I bet it took a while. My Mum likes jigsaws, she prefers gardens and scenes - I think this would be a bit beyond her.
    A super mug and bag - I wonder if you will use them!
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pauline. The mug is on display with other 'specials' and I am actually using the bag already. It is very capacious so very useful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete