Followers

Sunday 16 July 2017

CD Sunday - 'Celebration' - chosen by Jocelyn

A broad field of choices for this challenge by Jocelyn  Could be - Wedding - Engagement -  Anniversary -  Birthday -  Special Birthday -  Graduation -  New baby- and I am sure many others.
I have chosen a Birthday celebration for my card. Not a special birthday but the birthday of a special friend.
Anne (the friend) and I are belong to a group of six who have been celebrating their respective birthdays together for more years than I care to remember. I first met Anne when we sold our house to her about 30 years ago. The birthday girl chooses where we go to Celebrate and we have an extra outing at Christmas.
I loved Anne from the first moment we met.  After they had looked round the house Anne said she loved it and wanted it. Her husband said very cautiously - we must be careful dear. You never know there could be an artesian well under the kitchen floor. I don't care says Anne.  I'll stick a pot of flowers on it and make it a feature. (you have to imagine the accents - they are both from Scotland) We have been friends ever since.
Here is the card I made for her. It was her birthday on 10th July.

I used MCS - 6th Anniversary Collection - Elegant Ladies - Design Set 4 for the beautiful background. It looks like velvet in reality. The stitch pattern came from I know not where. I would like to be able to attribute it but cannot - at the moment.. The little piece of lace and velvet ribbon I have had in my 'box' for sometime and it seemed perfect for this card. Gems and peel offs used for the finishing touches.

Anne opened the card early - at her birthday dinner - and loved it so I was pleased.
If any one would like the pattern just email me using the CD Sunday blog email address.

I will have been to another of our Judith Maslen workshops yesterday so hopefully will have some parchment work to show you fairly soon.
I'll catch up with you all on my visits.
Hugs
Carol
xx

7 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful stitching pattern, I love your stitching cards,
    It made a beautiful card for your friend, I could not see anyone not loving it.
    I look forward to looking at your parchment work from yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful delicate card Carol, love the stitching and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, I can see why your friend loved it!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm playing catch up today Carol after a busy week last week looking after our grandson all week and then a busy weekend as well. I love your gorgeous card and can see that you friend would have loved it too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not surprised your friend loved her card Carol, it's beautiful. I love this technique and can appreciate the time it took you to make the card. How lovely that you've all been friends for so long.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved hearing how you knew each other, thanks for sharing. The card, as always, is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Carol and a wonderful story of friendship.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.