Followers

Wednesday 8 June 2011

CD Sunday - Digi Day

I printed this Digi image - from our Sponsor this month -  Stitchy Bear Stamps straight to  to parchment and then coloured and embossed from the back. I used blendable pencils - Faber Castell Polychromos. The border pattern I used  was from 'Say it with Flowers and Lace' CD by Florence Holmes. The backing paper is rainbow card.
I printed the border pattern  from the Cd on to an A4 piece of copier paper .  The border appears on the righthand side of the landscape orientation of the paper.  I then measure how far in from the far lefthand edge the border finishes and the same from the top, right and bottom edges.  E.g. Lefthand edge 175mm,  35mm each top, right and bottom.  I put these measurements into my printer and then using parchment paper print the digi image to 'fill the page'.  As I have already reduced the printable area and placed it where I  want it then the border will fit perfectly around the image.  The border is already on the piece of copier paper ready for me to trace and emboss on the parchment.  I use this simple technique to place all printed images to parchment so that I can size and place  them where I want them.  If you have a complicated grid pattern it is always sensible to make a template and then do the measuring for the printer.

I am a mite late this week posting my DT card and in visiting our challengees as I have been away.  Good luck in the draw to everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute digi Carol. I love the way its coloured, I thought it was a pre coloured image.
    Great to see you back.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Carol, this is really gorgeous I like the way you have coloured it,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look you have achieved on parchment and thank you for the instructions on lining it all up - will have to give it a go when I get a moment as I've found getting a border the right size just a tad difficult!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sue, Kevin and Jocelyn. If you need anymore help Jocelyn just let me know.
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.