Followers

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Miniature Handbag No:13

My new Amanda Yeh pattern book arrived from Taiwan on Monday and of course I had to start playing straight away.  This is the first handbag in the book and by golly it is quite a toughy.  As I hadn't got any red parchment as such I coloured my own but in some places the embossing from the back has shown through white to the front but it isn't really a problem.  I added more gems than the pattern called for but I had them so I used them.  Do you like the Sunflower?  I treated myself to a bouquet of them from Sainsbury's on Saturday to make the place look cheerful for Debs visit.

Now this is the pattern for the next handbag.  I thought the last one a mite tricky so heaven knows if I manage to do this one without a few ****'s.  I thought it might be of interest to show the pattern pricked out and some of the work done.  It is called the Honeycomb Bag.  If you look very closely you will see a few errors but these will be corrected as I go along. It is possible to 'mend' some areas as long as the problem isn't too serious.  There are a few embossed dots missed and a couple of places where the embossing tool has made a hole but these can be patched from behind and will be almost invisible on the finished piece,

3 comments:

  1. Another Beautiful bag Carol. And the next one looks as though it will be another stunner too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have hung the little bag from the sunflower petals. Such a lot of work and it looks beautiful. Can't wait to see the next one finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful handbag, I love the way you used the sunflower for backing to show off the bag. Your next one looks like its going to be a stunner, looking forward to seeing the finished bag.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.