Followers

Sunday 17 July 2011

Miniature Handbag No:18

Well - last one for the show.  I did say that I thought it ought to be going out with a bang or  a whimper.  Well I decided the bang would be the thing.  But halfway through this one I began to regret it but it is done now.  I am not 100% happy with the handles and I may well change them but they are as per the pattern.  They were just fiddly and I got frustrated with them.
So here it is and it is called 'Lace'


The outside layer is one piece of the lace as you see it - two circles of pattern  joined in the centre - under the bag.  I couldn't face using my mapping pen and ink for the red outlines so I chickened out and used  my Staedtler triplus fineliner.  These are great - not as fine as is liked by parchment gurus but fine for this and I am not sitting an exam when it would be a No No. I was getting a bit desperate during the pricking out and at one stage even thought - they don't know which one I have chosen to do!!
The red lining piece is plain parchment that I have printed from a  backing paper folder on a CD.
Hope you like it -  and my next project will be ????
Thank you for all the interest and kind comments.
xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and gorgeous, I love the bag and the colour. well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another beauty Carol. Please can we have a photo of all the bags on your display thingy (Fotofall?). I'd like to show the Pieman all of them together. He has seen one or two and wondered how many MM pies would fit in them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW Carol, you have done it again and this definately has the wow factor. Beautiful colour.
    Your have so much patience but well worth your efforts.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you kindly for liking them and Pamela - I have posted a photo on our forum.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Carol, but I'm sure that this will not be the last bag that you make.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol
    Your Bags are beautiful and so are your cards I often pop in to have a look round, I have all so bought the book off Amanda and I have doing them myself very slowly as I am new to parchment, I need to get a eyelet punch and I must find the pastel brads as well so I am going to look on the net. Happy parching.
    Jan.x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.