Followers

Monday 10 June 2013

Distress Markers used as watercolours

The beautiful hat is a digi image on the La Pashe 'Just Inklined 2012 CD'.  My printing this out in a certain way was an experiment and as it was successful I thought I would pass on the tip.
When I attended the Jane Gill painting flowers workshop we stamped the flower images and then heat embossed with clear powder before we went on to paint.  This was a technique to give a clear outline and help keep the colours in the place in which they were put.  It worked very well and we had some lovely stamps to use.  But say you haven't got many stamps to choose from but want to try the technique.
When looking  at all the wonderful digi images on all the La Pashe CD's I wondered how I could use them in the same way so I tried .....and it worked.

I used smooth surface water colour paper (90lbs Cold Pressed/Not Grain Fine) and trimmed it down to A4 size.  The pad is actually 12 x 9 inches.
I put this into the printer and printed out my choice of digi image and IMMEDIATELY it came out of the printer I covered the image in clear embossing powder.  Once then heated as usual it worked perfectly.  I then carried on and used the Distress Markers in the same way I would water colour paints and here is the result.

The smooth surfaced paper is essential to achieve a smooth printed line whether doing it this way or with a stamp.


7 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card Carol, and what a hat, you wouldn't want to nod you head with that on. MIL moved to nursing home today, not quite a smoothly as we would have like, but she's there.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the image great hat.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real beauty and your water colouring is fantastic.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your a very talented lady Carol, i love this, beautiful.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I like this Carol, beautifully coloured. I see you have one of those die cut corner bows too - I have to confess I ordered one as well!
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is beautiful Carol. Very interesting how you did it with the embossing powder, I have tried something similar but the ink dried too quickly. I have noted your tip on what paper to use and will try again sometime. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. As everyone else has said Wow a great hat!!! I love the corner bow too. Please tell where it's from I think it's on my MUST HAVE list lol......love it.

    Wynn x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.