Followers

Sunday, 27 October 2013

CD Sunday - Travels Abroad

Thank you for your entries to our challenge last week.  I did think it was going to be a tad difficult but you all came up trumps again.  Lovely cards.  Now Sue is going to find it difficult to choose  just 3 from them all.
This weeks theme is 'Travels Abroad' chosen by Christine.  Now it was my turn to find it difficult.  I am sure I am not the only crafter  who finds sometimes that they have an idea and start to go down that road only to reach a complete impassse and there seems to be no way out -  or to work out what  final tweak is needed to put it right.
My fellow teamies came to the rescue and pointed me in the right direction after telling me nicely that I was being too critical -  and hopefully the result isn't too bad.

The tweak suggested was to change the colour of the watch face and I think it made all the difference.

I used Robert Addams - Vintage Transport CD for the three train 'stamps'. Tim Holtz papers for the rest and the watch die is also from  Robert Addams.

I am off on my own travels abroad in the not too distant future.   My sister is kindly taking me off to France for a few days shopping.  I am looking forward to the break and some serious retail therapy.

Carol xx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carol

    And here's me thinking it was easy this week, your card is lovely and I like the use of the stamps,
    I hope you have a great shopping trip, Hope the strom that's coming will not cause you any damage. Take care
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of traveling abroad on a train (in particular Canada) and this card makes a great advert for that Carol. Have a great time on your shopping trip to France.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for the theme Carol. Perhaps you should have made it as a folder for all your travel docs. Hope you have a lovely time while in France.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great card Carol and I like the clock and the stamps.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a super card Carol and I agree with Beryl, it would make a lovely folder for your travel documents. Have a lovely time in France and hopefully we will see some photo's.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card Carol, it has a steampunk feel to it , lucky you going on what sounds like a lovely break and i hope you both have a lovely time.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete