Followers

Friday 9 May 2014

'Wedding Flowers' - pattern by Judith Maslen

On the eve of our second Judith Maslen workshop for the 2014 season I have finally finished a design from the last workshop  in March. 
This is a lovely design but I struggle with creating realistic roses on parchment so I have done a bit ...put it away....done a bit more and have now done as much as I can.

It is the rose on the left that bothers me.  The centre looks more like a jam roll but the frustration with parchment is that you can't take your marks away.
I know we are going to have a most enjoyable day tomorrow.  I am just keeping my fingers crossed for no roses and no felt tips  - please Judith if you read this.

Have a good weekend.
Carol
xx

2 comments:

  1. Swiss roll, what swiss roll. Why is it we're never satisfied with our own work, I love it Carol, I love the roses, I love the window and I love the added gems around the outside. Have a great day tomorrow.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks a lovely rose to me, I did not know roses could be called a Swiss roll.
    It's a gorgeous wedding card, well done.
    Have a lovely day tomorrow wish I could be with you.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.