Followers

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Blossom Fan - pattern by Amanda Yeh

This wonderful pattern from Amanda Yeh's book - 'Exqisite Bags in Parchment Craft' is not for the faint hearted.  But like all Amanda's patterns,  it is grid work through and through which is my favourite part of parchment work.  It was a question of now I have started I will finish and I was up til 2.am. this morning because I just couldn't leave it.  This second book of Amanda's is challenging to say the least but I think the result is worth it.  I have mounted it on 10 x 8 ready to be framed.

Here is a close up of the ribs and bow


  I hope you like it.

(sorry Debs - I'll try and get back to some more flowers xx).

8 comments:

  1. Oh Carol.... that is exquisite... all I can say is WOW... a big huge WOW!!! You have the patience of a saint!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW, this is a gorgeous work of art. I agree with Debs, you have so much patience and your work is always stunning.
    Lovely to chat earlier.
    Love & Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Stunning!!! What more can I say, both Christine and Debs have said it all. I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol I am in awe of both your talent and your patience, I can't imagine ever being brave enough to attempt such a thing. It is truly beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your very kind words.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Carol, this is Stunning !!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, it's beautiful...well worth all the hours of work.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.