Followers

Monday 26 September 2011

Mixed Bag

There are two main manufacturers of parchment tools - as most people know - Pergamano and Parchment Craft Australia (PCA).  My tutor is PCA trained so I started with their brand of tools - but - I do have a few Pergamano tools that have no counterparts in the PCA range.  Pergamano have published a pattern booklet called Tool Special covering the use of 10 of their special tools.  I bought this at The Art of Craft last week and have been 'having a play' with one of the patterns - by Wilma Bloemers.    I haven't got all of these 10 tools but using  a couple I have - 'moon' and 'drop' -  I have made the following
I used one of my own ready made parchment flowers instead of the one in the pattern and I added a butterfly made using Pergamano Multi Grid 17.  The backing paper comes from Carol Ann's Studio Patchwork Petals CD.
I was so tired yesterday after the wedding on Saturday that I just needed to chill out and 'play'.  A lovely wedding and good weather - it was just the travelling that was a nightmare.  How anyone copes working in London I do not know.  Only for youngsters I feel.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,

    Lovely card, I love the design looks so delicate,
    I am glad your wedding went off ok,k travelling in London, well as a Londoner who commuted into the City of London many moons ago, it takes 6 months to get used to travelling into London, its something today I would not want to do again. I keep trying to get my husband to come with me for a long weekend so I can show him where I lived/worked unfortunately the country bunkin wont go. I wonder why!!!!
    Have a nice restful day getting over the wedding
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.