Followers

Sunday, 26 August 2012

CD Sunday - Game On

This weeks theme - chosen by Jocelyn -  gives another reason  to make a man's card.  And lets face it we do sometimes need a little nudge to get those made.

Here is my effort which will be for my eldest son - in due course.  You can guess what his game is!

The image is from 'Stitching Cards' and the background from MCS - World of Watercolour.  I love doing stitching cards as the finished result always looks so much better than the printed pattern.  It comes to life whilst you are stitching.  I rubbed some ink around the edge of the white card to tone it down a bit.  Added a gingham bow and a couple of my golfing charms and finished with a  coloured  peel off sentiment.

Now my apologies for my lack of comments on last weeks great entries.  I was away for part of the week and a bit sore and sorry for myself  when I got back.  I promise to do better.


4 comments:

  1. That stitched design is great Carol and the watercolour background behind it is perfect for it.
    I think your son will be well pleased when he gets this.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful stitched card Carol. Lovely background too. I am sure your Son will be pleased to receive it.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Carol. Your stitching is beautiful. A really nice card for a man, your son will love it! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is something else i have never tried, it's beautiful Carol and i think it would be quite relaxing to do, i love the background, that is lovely.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete