Followers

Thursday, 18 October 2012

Parchment rescue

I was making a special parchment card for a friends birthday and I was really pleased with the centre image.  This involved tracing with a sepia pen, embossing and then colouring with sepia to give the right aged look.
I then went on to do the border work as per the pattern but when I had finished I really didn't like it.  I was annoyed as I  had spent so long on the image.  I  didn't want to waste it all so I cut out the oval and attached it to an ATC and gave it some bronze corner peel-offs.  The hat feathers and the fur collar originally extended beyond the oval but I had to trim them.
At least I haven't wasted some of the work.

Back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol

    That is beautiful, very challenging design and gorgeous well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Carol, it makes a great ATC, and even a lovely topper.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete