Followers

Saturday, 25 July 2015

Poinsettias for Christmas

I recently discovered (a couple of days ago) a digital pattern by Wendy Walters - Grid pattern Guide - 4 petal flower. I watched the video on Wendy's site and was fascinated at how beautiful and simple it seemed and was in a hurry to have a go.  So I bought all I needed and had a play and here is the result.
Wendy suggests you use the simple pattern to create your own cards and that is what I have done.

I really enjoyed the making of this card and hope that I can produce many in a similar vein quite quickly as I have quite a few cards to make.  The poinsettias are my own parchment creation and the sentiment is one from a cracker die set from Tonic.  I separated the two words being careful to round the edges as I cut. I added small red pearls in the flower centres.
I then went on a spending spree and have bought several new dies that will be suitable to use as the central feature with this grid pattern. Can't wait for them to come. (and I better make a few more poinsettias).
Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment