Followers

Saturday 25 July 2015

Poinsettias for Christmas

I recently discovered (a couple of days ago) a digital pattern by Wendy Walters - Grid pattern Guide - 4 petal flower. I watched the video on Wendy's site and was fascinated at how beautiful and simple it seemed and was in a hurry to have a go.  So I bought all I needed and had a play and here is the result.
Wendy suggests you use the simple pattern to create your own cards and that is what I have done.

I really enjoyed the making of this card and hope that I can produce many in a similar vein quite quickly as I have quite a few cards to make.  The poinsettias are my own parchment creation and the sentiment is one from a cracker die set from Tonic.  I separated the two words being careful to round the edges as I cut. I added small red pearls in the flower centres.
I then went on a spending spree and have bought several new dies that will be suitable to use as the central feature with this grid pattern. Can't wait for them to come. (and I better make a few more poinsettias).
Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.