Followers

Sunday 23 April 2017

CD Sunday - 'Sketch' - chosen and designed by Moi

I decided to choose a Sketch for my challenge theme because the Blog hasn't had one for quite a while and I think I have only ever done one sketch challenge before and that was on CD Sunday.

So here is the Sketch:

and here is the card in parchment that I made for the challenge:


The Robin is my own watercolour painting executed some time ago now when I was attending Evening Classes.
I scanned the painting and then printed it on to parchment paper and then embossed in various places to give it life.  I then made a border around the image to make a smallish topper.
Then I used a Groovi plate to give me the larger square and I traced the Merry Christmas sentiment on all four sides rather than just the one and then gave it all the same border that I used on the topper.
The larger backing square comes from a  Robert Addams Cd - Let it Snow.  The two layers were then attached to the backing card with brads - the two groups of three to match the sketch.  Also to match the sketch are the two circles and these are my own parchment flowers with fancy brad centres.

I enjoyed making this card and I hope to see many different  interpretations of the Sketch design. Please though don't forget to use a CD somewhere in your design and let us know which one you have used. More things to read here.
Thank you for looking.
Hugs
Carol
xx

16 comments:

  1. i adore the robin sitting in the centre of the parchment work the bp looks so delicate behind it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's such a lot of talented crafting gone into this card Carol. I love your robin painting and the parchment is stunning as ever.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stunning card Carol, the robin is so gorgeous as is the rest of the card too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful parchment card, love your robin and great design layout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful parchment card Carol. Clever you painting the robin! You're off to a good start for Christmas. Hope your Carpel tunnel isn't too painful . Hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wynn. A little easier today so I am stamping like a fiend. xx

      Delete
  6. Wonderful parchment card Carol and I love your robin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful parchment work and that little robin is lovely.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.