Followers

Sunday 30 April 2017

Two Parchment Owls

Although the pins and needles are still ever present I went to our Parchment Lesson last Wednesday.
I am glad I did because our tutor Marylin had chosen a Woodware stamp for us to work with. They are my favourite stamps to work with for parchment.  For her sample she had made an easel card which looked really good especially as the owls had been very gaily coloured and she had done a very delicate border around the image.  I started to trace the owls but didn't like what I was producing as the tingles were making it difficult.  So I decided to leave it and try again at home.

So over the last two days I have managed to produce a card in between tingles and here it is:

I stamped the image on to the parchment with white ink and then embossed all the lines from the back.  No other embossing or shading was needed.
I used a Siesta grid for the parchment circle.  It was easier than attempting a complicated border of my own.  I used Faber Castell Polychromos pencils for colouring on the back and used a spreading oil.  The wonderful striped background comes from CD14 - Carol Ann's Studio.  I never tire of using her CD's. I used some pink and pale purple for the two mats and the purple  for the frame and sentiment.
I bought a box of 'eyes' recently and have been dying to use these pink and blue ones so here they are and don't they look fab.
I really really enjoyed making this and finishing it.  I have the tingles now whilst typing so I think a rest and a coffee is called for.
Hugs
Carol
xx

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card Carol!I love owls anyway and these quirky coloured owls are great.I love the colours you've used throughout. Good to see you were able to do some crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, and what fun owls, my grand daughter would go potty for this card, she's into owls in a big way. Gorgeous colouring and beautiful parchment work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.