Followers

Sunday 13 August 2017

CD Sunday - 'Past Times' - chosen by Jane

Firstly I would like to thank all those who entered my 'Anything Goes' challenge.  I will be choosing my Top 3 during the next couple of weeks.

Secondly we have a new challenge starting today. Jane has chosen 'Past Times' which I think offers almost (but not quite) as much scope as 'Anything Goes'.  There are lots of eras and many representatives of those eras that can be chosen.
I chose a ladies wear shop.   I am not positive as to the era - possibly Edwardian.   I am not sure but here it is:



I have done decoupage.  I haven't done a lot of decoupage this year and I do like to do some when the opportunity arises.   Now the image is of course La Pashe.  It couldn't be anything else - could it.      From 'The Big One'  CD .  A sentiment die and a bow die were used.  It is just a simple decoupaged scene which I think is quite pretty and evocative of an era that I didn't know but doesn't seem that long in the past.
Please leave a comment when you visit. Tis always nice to know that somebody came visiting.
I will see you on your blogs.
Hugs
Carol
xx

6 comments:

  1. love the image and decoupage Carol, don't fancy having to wear the corset though a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Carol, I love the image you've used.
    It was great to see you yesterday and to catch up too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Carol - a reminder of times gone by (or should that be times past?). The 2 die cuts are just enough to finish it off without hiding the background.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the image, a great reminder of how shopping was in past times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh beautiful! This makes me think of my husband's family history - we found out quite recently that at the very beginning of the 20th century his mother worked in a hat shop and she must have sold hats very much like these
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at those bloomers in the background I think you might be right about the era. Such a great card. Some of the clothes from bygone times are so much more elegant than fashion now.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.