Followers

Wednesday 15 November 2017

More Christmas 2017 and Parchment

I am afraid I am having to reduce the amount of 'true' parchment work that I can do whilst my hand is so troublesome but I am adapting and managing  with what tools and gadgets I have.
For this card I stamped onto parchment using Stazon ink and a Nellie Snellen stamp called 'Christmas Time'.   I then centred the image onto an oval grid and embossed and pricked out the border.  The grid was designed by Alison Yeates and purchased from her company Kingfisher Crafts.

I then embossed parts of the stamped image to enhance the snow and even coloured the deer.  The sentiment was embossed using a Groovi Plate.

Having got all this ready I then realised what an awkward shape I had made to fit on a card.  I die cut a larger oval from blue card as a backing and fixed with brads.   I fiddled with this for a long time trying to decide how to present it.  In the end I removed the blue oval background and attached it to a larger piece of blue card cut to fix to a white landscape card - with a small white edge showing.
I then played about with some Christmas die cuts for decoration but nothing looked right.  Then I found these two bows with tails which looked perfect to me.  A couple of Christmas roses are the finishing touch.

I think it has a hint of Wedgwood about it and I hope you like it.
Hugs
Carol
xx

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Carol and the bows, swirls and roses are the perfect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately blue Wedgwood, it's a beautiful card, I love the flowers and swirls

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.