Followers

Sunday 18 February 2018

CD Sunday - Up, Up and Away - chosen by me

Good Morning. The challenge for the next two weeks has been chosen by moi.  A wonderful opportunity to make a card for the fellas which is what I did.  The husband of a dear friend of mine had his birthday at the beginning of this  month so this was made with him in mind.

This all came from a CD by Joanna Sheen - Victorian Ladies & Gentlemen Disc 1.  I loved the image,. The man reminded me of one of the Marx Brothers.  When I posted this to our Admin site the girls were making comments about how fast he would have to pedal to keep the balloon up etc.  My son looked at the card and said it wouldn't matter how fast he pedaled the balloon wasn't big enough to hold him up anyway. Typical man!.
Anyway the large wheel is decoupaged and attached with a brad and does actually go round.

I enjoyed making this one and in fact might make it again for another gentleman of my acquaintance.

Please don't forget that you can now enter our challenges via Facebook - here and that we will be announcing our Top 3's in a separate posting a week after the challenge has finished - so my Top 3 will be announced on 11th March.

I look forward to visiting your Blogs and if you have enjoyed your visit here I would love to hear from you.
Hugs
Carol
xx 

9 comments:

  1. Trust a guy to be practical and not show any imagination, great card Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really fun card and theme Carol. Looking at his jacket he's fair whizzing along LOL!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Not sure it would keep me up or I could manage peddling the bike, It just shows how far travel has come over the generations,
    Brilliant card for a male

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic male themed card Carol, I need to make some of these at the moments so will have to see what I can come up with.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - it reminds me of the Professor Brainstawm books I used to love as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card Carol, I love the added decoupaged detail.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this comical image, a great card.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Carol and thank you for the Challenge. It really made my think :)

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.