Followers

Sunday 23 July 2017

'Sepia Owl' - A Judith Maslen Workshop

A week ago was our 3rd workshop of 2017 with Judith Maslen down  in the New Forest.
We had two new patterns (as always) and this is the first - 'Sepia Owl'.
A beautiful design - as are all Judith's designs.  I worked away quite steadily and was enjoying the work but there was a 'likkle' problem.  In the border design Judith had used a 'moon' tool. Stupidly I have a thing about moon tools - I don't like them if they are to be embossed.  But I thought that if  I concentrated and took my time I would  conquer this stupid dislike......but I still made a pigs ear of it.
I tried to sort it out when I got home but made it worse so in desperation I 'took out' the owl which was OK and had taken a great deal of time to complete -  and then set about remaking the card.
I traced and embossed the pattern as before except that instead of the 'moon' tool I used a semi circle with 'sun' tool additions.  I embossed the greeting instead of using the sepia pen and where the pattern called for the tracing and embossing of the owl I used the owl I had saved from the first card.  I very carefully used perga glue on the very edges of the owl and stuck it to the pattern where the drawn owl would be.  So now I have a card I like with an owl that looks very 3D.
Here is my version of Judith's pattern. I hope she doesn't mind.

Hugs
Carol
xx


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Carol, the owl is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your owl is beatiful and your parchment is lovely, great idea to save the owl and place it onto another card, at least it was not wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well rescued Carol and the finished card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would never know Carol. A stunning card,so beautiful in the pink.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.