Followers

Sunday 27 November 2022

CD Sunday Plus Challenge #99 - hosted by Jocelyn

 Here is my DT offering for this Challenge:


 As you can see this is the 'Three French Hens' from the Christmas song 'The Twelve days of Christmas'.

I love this song and it is, in fact, my favourite Christmas song.   I think I have stitched the complete set of 12 at least 4 times and I love doing them.  I just have to make sure that I send them to different people each time.

The pattern comes from PinBroidery which is part of Form-a-Lines and Stitching Cards.com. The link is on the right under 'Some Great Sites'.

 I have a beautiful version of the song for you to listen to.  Just highlight and 'Open link':

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-cjK3f87jI 

And here is a link to Wikipedia where you will find the fascinating history of the song:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Days_of_Christmas_(song)

I am looking forward to visiting you all -  and please leave a comment here as you pass by - if you so wish.

Take care of yourselves.

Carol

xx

5 comments:

  1. Your stitched cards are always beautiful Carol,love the gold tones in the backing papers/ card

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautifully stitched card Carol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, your string art "three hens a laying" is amazing! Wonderful stitching! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you love stitching and your work shows it. Very pretty keepsake card. Hope you and Chris are doing well and staying warm. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your stitched cards Carol and this one is gorgeous.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.