Followers

Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Fall Butterfly


A lovely lady in America very kindly said such very nice things about the blue version of this card that I made a little while ago that I decided I would like to make one just for her and post off to the States.
The butterfly is one of those I made using the Artylicious Butterfly Bliss CD and I chose this one because of the 'Fall' colours on the wings.
I used the Multi Grid No: 17 again and coloured the little butterflies to match the big one using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils- Earth Green Yellowish 168, Dark Chrome yellow 109, Burnt Ochre 187 and Deep Scarlet red 219.
The backing paper is one of my own. I took a photograph at Wisley last year of the leaves on one of the fantastic specimen trees they have there just as they were beginning to turn in the Autumn. I used my ACDSee photo manager to add an oil painting effect to the image and was very pleased with the result- and it matched the other colours I had used perfectly.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Carol, I love the colours. Hear you've not been too well, hope you are feeling better now.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Carol, I love the 'fall colours' How generous of you to send it to one of your followers. I am sure she will be thrilled to receive it. Hope you are on the mend.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete