Followers

Friday, 27 June 2014

Zentangle is the buzz word

down here on the Surrey borders at the moment.
On Wednesday it was our monthly parchment lesson and our Tutor - Marilyn Pybus -  had some small animal Zentangles for us to do.  I haven't finished mine yet.  Rather I have finished the elephant but not the presentation as yet:
Here is the example we were working towards:
I expect I will finish mine over the weekend.

Today we had another of our now popular craft days that are organised by our Tutor.  Not just parchment for these occasions.  Last time I ran one of the workshops - Stitched Bookmarks - but today I was just an eager pupil.  We did 3 workshops.  Made a box using the Hougie board and then decorated it, made a very fancy notebook with a cover in parchment (not finished yet) and this wonderful gift bag:
I thoroughly enjoyed doing the Zentangling.  The outlines had already been very expertly stamped for us so we could just get on and have fun.  The bag was provided as well.  I added the parchment butterfly and the other two crinkle cut ones when I got home.  I thought the three matched beautifully with the image.
A couple of close ups of the Zentangling
We have some more small animal images to Zentangle so watch this space.

I hope you enjoy looking at these as much as I enjoyed doing them.  For a whole day I managed to relax and just enjoy crafting and good company.
Carol xx

4 comments:

  1. Wowser Carol, you do some pretty amazing things but this is fab. Can't wait to see the elephant fully finished.
    So glad you had a happy crafty day, it does wonders for us doesn't it?
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Carol, The elephant is amazing like Jenny I can't wait to see it finished. I love the bag too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Carol the elephant is stunning, and the bag well it's also stunning, a real piece of work that must have taken hours, Love the butterflies
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous as usual Carol.
    Jocelyn xx

    ReplyDelete