Followers

Sunday 1 June 2014

CD Sunday - At the Seaside

Oh! how I wish that that is where I was - lying on the beach somewhere in the sunshine.  Not fussy where but just somewhere.  Can you guess that I have had a bad week?

Back to the business in hand and less day dreaming.   Our theme this week was chosen by Caz and I did enjoy making my DT card.  I always enjoy using La Pashe CD's and this was the first image I thought of when I saw what Caz had chosen. Here is my offering:

La Pashe - Something for Everyone    

I used a Kraft card as the base to resemble sand and tied round some straw/raffia that I found amongst my stash.  Just to add a little 'je ne sais quoi'.  Only a couple of layers of decoupage.  On a personal level I admit that I prefer designing for and using square cards.  Somehow they seem neat and unfussy and just generally pleasing.
I hope you all have a good week and I am hoping that I have a better one.
Hugs to all that need one.
Carol
xx

5 comments:

  1. Fab card Carol, like you i also use a lot of square cards, love La Pashe and using the craft card with this image is just right ; A big hug to you sounds like you definitely need a few.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the addition of the raffia Carol....just adds something to it. Hope you have a better week. Big hug Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Carol, it looks super mounted onto the craft card. I have to agree with Wynn the raffia does finish it off nicely.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card, love the image, a real seaside.
    Sorry to say on Tuesday we fly to Malta for a week, I think I really need this holiday, hope to rejoin you at cd Sunday challenge when we come back.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my all time favourite images of La Pashe. Fabulous card! So sorry you had a bad week, hope all is well now. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.