Followers

Monday 24 January 2011

Miniature handbags



I have been trying something new (for me) in 3D parchment work. I purchased a book of patterns for miniature handbags from Amanda, Ching-Hsiang Yeh in Taiwan. I started the pricking out of the pattern for the first one above whilst on the stand at the Sandown Show. The fastener hasn't been done yet and is held closed by a sticky dot. It needs a couple of eyelets and I can't find my punch at the moment.
The second one is complete.
Amanda's patterns are incredible and her instructions easy to follow.
I have put a link to her site in the title.

6 comments:

  1. These are absolutely stunning Carol. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne. I wasn't sure if I was going to manage them but now I want to do more of them. I hope to have a few on display at the next Sandown in September.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like these Carol.. may have to invest in the book! Lovely to see the finished bag you were doing at Sandown.. how many crosses were cut!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too many Debs.....too many.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Carol, I don't know how you can concentrate on your parchment work whilst being at a show. Must check out your link.

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Carol, I have just visited Amanda's site, such gorgeous creations, I have downloaded a couple of her bag patterns, however I will have to practice my parchment before I attempt anything like this. Thanks for sharing Amanda's site.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.