Followers

Sunday 29 November 2015

CD Sunday- Colours of Autumn - theme chosen by Jocelyn

Good Morning fellow bloggers.  The last few mornings have been a little chilly but it does seem that it is more like Autumn than Winter - so we are OK with our theme.
Before I go on to post my own contribution to the theme I would like to add a personal thank you to Pauline and Meg for the wonderful creations they have made for us over the last 3 months as our Guest Designers.  They were also so beautifully organised and as I do the posting it was a joy not to have to ask for the card - it just arrived on time. Thank you ladies.

Now here is my stitch card contribution to 'Colours of Autumn'. 

The backing paper and the acorn and leaf cutouts and the sentiment came from the Joanna Sheen CD - Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady.  The stitching pattern from here.  I used a multi coloured glitter thread by Gutermann. This gave me the Autumnal colours I wanted and was fine enough to give a delicate skeletal look to the stitching.  My own garden is bordered by quite a few large Oak trees so at the moment I am very well aware of every colour and hue in almost everyone of about a million leaves.
It was my turn to chose a Top 3 - for Something beginning with 'H' and my choice is now on the CD Sunday Blog.  I look forward to sending the winner the little prize that I have for her.
Please have a look at the wonderful Autumnal colours on my fellow teamies and Guest Designers cards.  I think you must agree that each one is fabulous.
Bye for now.
Carol
xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitched card, lovely autumn feel with the oak leaves.
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful autumnal card Carol, the stitching looks really delicate just like the veins in leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching carol, really gives it that skeleton look, love how you can incorporate your stitching skills into a card .
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Carol love those stitched leaves and the wonderful backing paper goes so well.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. More of your wonderful stitching Carol. I love the backing paper which goes with it perfectly. I used to like looking for the cups the acorns sit in - they remind me of pixie hats!
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely background and great stitched pattern. I must do more of this but it does take time but so worth it. W x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.