Followers

Monday 24 October 2016

Christmas parchment

I recently purchased 3 x parchment grids from Tattered Lace.  I particularly like grid No: 014 although they are all beautiful.
Using this grid I made a parchment poinsettia using 4 of the 5 layers provided.  The pattern makes a slightly exaggerated style of flower but I love it and enjoyed making it although it was very time consuming.  Not one to be made quickly.  I added some glitter to all the edges to give it some Christmas sparkle.
I made the base of my topper by using an outside square 'groove' from one of my many Groovi Plates and then made a border with crosses and a sun tool and drew my own inside line to complete the border.  I wanted something simple that didn't take away from the poinsettia.
The sentiment is also from a Groovi Plate   I particularly like the lettering used on this plate.
Hope you like it.

Here is a close up of the poinsettia

I like this simple style of topper and could well make it again with something else instead of a poinsettia.  On one of the other grids is a beautiful Angel I am wanting to use.
Love to hear from you.
Carol
xx

6 comments:

  1. Stunning Carol, can't wait to see the angel when it's done.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful detail in the different layers Carol a lovely design and I'm sure lots of work. Makes a stunning card though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work and a stunning result. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pointsettia, Not seen these tattered lace grids, I will be having a look for them. Lovely Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Carol. Love the fabulous Poinsettia xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.