Followers

Sunday 2 October 2016

CD Sunday - 'Country Living' - chosen by Pamela

I used Joanna Sheen's 'Cottage Garden' CD for this card. I love the old fashioned image.  It was probably originally a Victorian card - it has that look.  I don't like all Victorian greeting cards as I find many of them a bit sweet and sickly but this one really suited Pamela's theme.
I have done a few mats and one layer of decoupage on the poppies.  The gems are some very tiny black faceted gems.  I die cut Happy Birthday twice - in red and black so that I could stagger them to give the illusion of shading. ( I copied this idea from someone else).  I used a white 8" x 6" landscape card as a portrait card (so the fold is at the top). That gave me the space I wanted for the sentiment.

I enjoyed making this Pamela for your first theme choice.  I hope you get lots of entries to choose from.
Have fun and I will see you on your Blogs.
Carol
xx

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed making it Carol! A really lovely card as usual. I like the backing paper with the repeat of the poppies from the main image. And well done on the 'shadow' effect - mine never quite look right.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, poppies are always a country flower which goes well with the image. It's lovely to poppies in a field of wheat which is happening more down here.
    Wonderful image

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Carol, the poppies make it more autumnal in feel as do the colours you chose, a very peaceful scene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very stylish and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card Carol. Poppies are among my favourite flowers and I love to see them growing wild.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol this is lovely. Poppies are in my top twenty as fave flowers. Think it's the striking colour and they always look so vunerable here....they struggle to be seen amongst the tall grasses. Not many around either so always lovely to see W x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Carol, a wonderful scene - perfect for Pamela's theme.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.