Followers

Sunday 13 May 2012

Crafting time

Debs, Mandi and I managed to get some crafting time together during this weekend and we all made several ATC's. We always do have a great time and it is even more special when you can craft together with others. Debs did some of her new 'Art work' style, Mandi stamped and coloured and I did several different things but I did make this parchment one:



I started by using a straightforward grid pattern from Pauline Loweth's Gridwork Book.  I wanted to add something bright and different and I remembered these pretty sequins I had bought at a Show - as you do - and stitched them in place with holographic thread and a centre bead.  As an ATC must have a title we racked our brains and came up with 'Bombay Mix' as we felt the sequins looked very Indian in colour and style.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carol

    This is very Indian to me and I great title, I love the way you have done this beautiful card.
    Well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this is fabulous Carol! It is so perfectly lined up with lovely colours. Thanks for your comment on my Reflections card. This new layout of the blog drives me mad. I had a problem linking the card to the post and not the blog so deleted everything and started again and then I left the label out. Yes it is Debbie Moore and I have corrected the post. Thanks! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Carol and you have put a lot of work into it sewing all the sequins on. A great way to use them though and they look very effective. xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.