Followers

Sunday 10 July 2016

CD Sunday - 'Summer Vacation' - chosen by Meg

Good morning everyone.  I am pleased to say that the theme for the next two weeks has been chosen by Meg.  This is her first choice as a new Design Team Member.   A great choice for this time of the year but secretly I am praying that it doesn't start raining again as soon as we hit the post button.
(My prayers weren't answered - it is raining as I type at 9.50am.  It did wait a couple of hours !!)

Here is my contribution to the inspiration by the Design Team:

I used Joanna Sheen's - Faye Whittaker CD for all of the card.   I imagine - judging by the clothes the little ones are wearing - that they are at the seaside (in Edwardian times) with their Nanny and are sending home a postcard to 'Dear Mamma'.
I decoupaged the postbox, the children and the hats. The bunting and the sentiment are both made using fairly newish dies. The bunting die is a Marianne Creatable and the Happy Birthday garland is from Memory Box.
A personal thank you to those who entered my theme choice - 'Once upon a time' - and I will be choosing my Top 3 in time for the next CD Sunday posting.
I love to know if you have visited so any comments you care to leave are greatly appreciated.
Carol
xx

8 comments:

  1. love the image Carol, and your use of the bunting die matching the colours in the paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image Carol - but then I love most of the 'olde worlde' images on this CD. Great card as per usual.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Carol and a lovely CD for this Challenge, love the decoupage and die cuts. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and lovely image for the challenge, from a lovely CD
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this image too from when I first saw it. Sending postcards home was always a must on holiday. Do people still do that when they go abroad....think they might be home before the card arrives if they are posting from here in Cyprus lol. Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Wynn. We were told to put the postcard in an envelope and send as a letter and it would be sent quicker than a postcard and it did always work.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Carol, a lovely image - your bunting ties is beautifully.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card Carol and the die cut bunting compliments the backing paper perfectly.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.