Followers

Sunday 22 October 2017

CD Sunday - When Autumn leaves start to fall - chosen by Jocelyn

Just the right time of year for Jocelyn's challenge.  It is all very beautiful until you have to sweep them all up.  Or perhaps get someone else to do it for you!

I enjoyed making this card.  I love the range of colours for Autumn. They might not be as spectacular as they are  'over the pond' but they are beautiful nevertheless.

I made this one as a male birthday card.  I have recently joined in a Facebook Birthday List and there is only one gentleman on the list (brave soul) and I made this one for him.  It was a September birthday so I felt the colouring was just right.
Here is the card:

The fabulous bold backing paper came from a Funkyhands CD - Craft the Year Away.  The diecut tree was one I bought quite a while ago from E-bay. Before I started buying all my own dies E-bay was a good source.
I have a beautiful die of a branch with leaves which I die cut in several colours.   I cut off each leaf individually to create the falling leaves and the pile at the foot of the tree.

The Happy Birthday die I have had for some time. There are a few times when you need such a bold simple sentiment and I felt this was one of them.
I hope you can find some beautiful Autumnal colours to play with and I will see you on your Blogs.

Happy crafting.
Carol
xx

5 comments:

  1. I love the colours in the backing paper Carol. You must buy yourself some leaf dies - I don't know how you had the patience to cut those leaves off the tree!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, great card for a male and the colours behind the tree really make the tree stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic card Carol, I love the autumnal background that you've given your tree.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card for your online male friend Carol. What a great idea to snip off those leaves....bet it took an age tho. Love the pile at the bottom of the tree. Hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours of the backing paper and that pile of pretty leaves at the base of the tree are a lovely addition.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.