Followers

Friday 14 June 2019

Remember When?

I was 'sorting' through a large box of bits and pieces I have been collecting and I found all sorts of interesting things. Quite a few were just leftover pieces of a decoupage project because it would have made too many layers. But there was one complete sheet that I had printed out but not touched.

It came from the La Pashe Big One CD  - Volume 1 - Remember When?.

I can't resist cutting out sheets of images for decoupage as it is still such a firm favourite form of crafting so I set too....... and here is the card:.


I know why I printed it out as I was - and still am - a great fan of puffer trains - or puff puffs as my children use to call them.  I live fairly close to the 'Watercress Line' in  Arlesford, Hampshire, which is a privately run steam train.
The main pieces to decoupage are the bridge and the two children and the dog. I love the way the dog is also standing on tippy toe to see the train
It makes quite a large card almost a full 8" x 6".  I am going to keep it in my go-to box for one of my young great-nephews.  I just need to wait until the current craze for dinosaurs is over and they might like a puff puff train.
Carol
xx

P.s.  I didn't save this for my Great Nephews. I gave it to my hairdresser for her children to give to their father who is a mad keen puff puff lover.

2 comments:

  1. A fantastic card Carol. I was down in Devon about 8 years ago with my mum and we took a trip out one day to the coast and there were three steam trains that went by in the space of 30 mins. It was a lovely sight.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and by providing their comment they have published their own personal details on this blog and also consented to our use of that personal information for that specific purpose.